Agfa HealthCare highlights ICIS enterprise imaging management solution at SIIM 2012
Image-enabled EHR now attainable with Agfa HealthCare’s comprehensive and cloud-hosted ICIS
- Press release
- Mortsel, Belgium/Greenville, SC
- June 01, 2012 04:00
- Agfa HealthCare’s Imaging Clinical Information System consolidates image capture, storage, exchange and access through the EHR, delivering enterprise-wide access and viewing
- Increase ROI through improved workflow and predictable pricing for an all-inclusive service
- Portfolio of solutions enhance patient-centric image accessibility at the department level and via complex health information exchanges (HIE)
(SIIM 2012, Booth # 418-420, Orlando, Florida) At the upcoming Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM) Annual Meeting, Agfa HealthCare will showcase its Imaging Clinical Information System (ICIS), now available as a cloud-based solution that provides true enterprise imaging information management. With options for organizations of all sizes, Agfa HealthCare has made image-enabled EHRs a reality, seamlessly integrating record workflow, capture, storage, exchange and access.
Anytime, anywhere data access supports health information exchange (HIE) connectivity across the medical imaging enterprise and the continuum of patient care. Designed on open standards, ICIS is a vendor-neutral platform that provides facilities and departments the ability to leverage existing legacy infrastructure to access a uniquely integrated and communicative data set.
Agfa HealthCare IMPAX customers, similarly, can also integrate with the company's line of IMPAX regional and departmental solutions, including XERO Technology and IMPAX RIS, PACS and Reporting to realize operational efficiencies and develop a unified view of the patient.
"We're excited about what ICIS is doing to advance medical imaging, and how it fits into healthcare delivery of the future," said Lenny J. Reznik, director of Enterprise Imaging and Information for Agfa HealthCare. "We've taken imaging data out of disconnected silos and made cloud-based connectivity attainable, which ultimately increases ROI and improves the delivery of patient care."
In addition to the cloud-based ICIS solution, throughout SIIM, Agfa HealthCare will also be demonstrating its full portfolio of radiology IT solutions.
• IMPAX Data Center - With a standards-based infrastructure, this medical imaging repository is a central component of a hospital's archive, access, and disaster recovery strategies across departmental PACS and imaging solutions. The solution consolidates imaging data from disparate systems into a single point of storage and distribution via the EHR.
• XERO Technology - A medical imaging and results viewer, Agfa HealthCare's XERO technology extends the EHR to include support for medical images and related information, providing physicians with point-of-care access to the longitudinal patient record. Image content is embedded into the EHR, so in-hospital clinicians or referring physicians can access it using a variety of browsers and networks at home or work; no client software required.
• IMPAX Business Intelligence - In a quest for better radiology decision making support tools, Agfa HealthCare's IMPAX Business Intelligence provides historical, current, and predictive views of operations via real-time dashboards, management reports, and ad-hoc queries against an IMPAX data warehouse in a single browser. Management will base radiology-related decisions on real-time statistical data, to monitor and measure performance and streamline radiology operations.
• IMPAX Scheduling - This web-based enterprise ordering, scheduling, and planning solution uses an intuitive electronic whiteboard for managing appointments and resources. Facilities and hospitals can increase productivity and greatly improve communications with referring physicians.
• IMPAX 6.5 - A fully integrated RIS/PACS/Reporting workflow solution for image management and reporting. Designed for operational efficiency, IMPAX unites automated task management with clinical data and image processing for a single comprehensive reporting desktop. New in 2012, IMPAX 6.5 delivers new workflows to support large volume studies and their complex navigation. IMPAX 6.5 continues to demonstrate Agfa HealthCare's commitment to IHE with the IHE Breast Imaging Profile. It also focuses on reconnecting healthcare providers with image enabled instant messaging (IM), voice clips, and XERO technology for results distribution.
• IMPAX RIS - Electronically managing radiology operations from end-to-end, the system encompasses patient registration, worklist generation, medical reporting, transcription, and business intelligence, seamlessly integrating key elements of medical imaging workflow
• IMPAX Reporting - The fully embedded IMPAX Reporting solution provides radiologists with the image, information, and reporting tools they need to streamline their reporting task and enable them to work more efficiently. Recently added are Extended Addendum workflows and customizable templates, along with more on the on-the-fly personalization of standard texts. Also at SIIM will be TalkStation 4.1.
• IMPAX Mobile Worklist - Brings the RIS to the patient's bedside. IMPAX Mobile Worklist allows the technologist to be mobile within the hospital and maintain full tech workflow throughout the patient experience. From signing consent forms to real-time procedure status, the patient wait time will be greatly reduced while still maintaining a streamlined and integrated workflow within the IMPAX suite of products.
To schedule a demonstration or speak with a product expert, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Agfa HealthCare booth #418-420 at SIIM 2012.